As manager, you will need to confirm with the opposition (normally at the start of the week) where you will play and what the kick off time is. You will then need to email your team with these details. (You may decide to appoint a parent who handles the admin side of running the team).
For home games, it is your responsibility to make contact with the opposition.
Our Pitch Coordinator will let you know on a Sunday evening/Monday morning, where you will be playing the coming weekend. We use an online booking system – Skedda – to allocate pitches and notify the allocation by email to managers.
Travel to games
For away games, some Raiders teams either meet outside the front of Ashlyns School or at the Cemetery as there is room to park there and then travel in convoy. Try to car share if possible. There is often restricted parking at venues and we should all try to do our bit for the environment, but this is entirely up to you. For the closer away games you may want to meet at the venue.
ALWAYS… use a standard template to send an email confirmation of the game to the opposition manager AND to the referee, if one has been appointed. The email MUST contain the rules of use for the venue (e.g. no smoking, dogs etc. And attach the PDF of the Pitch Location for the venue.
Here is an example template that you can modify.
Here are the details for our game on Sunday.
Berkhamsted Raiders U18 White v St Albans City U18 West in WFL League Cup
- Date: Sunday 15th September
- KO: 11:30am
- Venue: Ashlyns School, Chesham Road, Berkhamsted HP4 3AE. Enter via the main entrance on Chesham Road. Follow the inner ring road to the rear of the school and park in the rear car parks. We are on pitch 4, located at the rear, behind the BerkoAstro 3G pitch. Please note the “school rules” below. There are refreshments available in the Paul Beard Centre, adjacent to BerkoAstro. A Location Map is attached.
- Referee: Lester Phillips, WFL referee.
- Raiders coaches: Our Team coach is Martin McAtamney, Assistant Coach is Mark Gurney.
- Assistant referee: Andrew Chalmers, a parent, who has attended a Herts FA Assistant Referee workshop will run the line.
- Match Day Delegate: Our Match Day Delegate will be Karen Suckling.
- Cancellation: Weather looks OK for next weekend. I will call if there are any doubts. We may have use of a 3G pitch in the event of bad weather. My mobile is 07710 229102.
Use of the school facilities:
To ensure that we maintain a good relationship with the school, please ensure that these guidelines are followed:
- Car parking: Please use the rear car park. Do not park on the driveways or the grass verges.
- Please do not allow players to remove mud from their boots in the playground or car park areas.
- Dogs: Are not allowed in the school grounds.
- Smoking: Is not allowed in the school grounds.
- Toilets/changing rooms: There are toilets in the Paul Beard Centre. There is a referee’s changing rooms in the Paul Beard Centre. Changing rooms for teams are available, if requested in advance.
Respect Code, League Guidelines
The Club follows the FA Respect and League guidelines for all matches. Please note the following:
- League registration cards will be checked prior to matches.
- A Match Day Delegate must be present for both sides.
- Parent Referees and Assistant Referees must not undertake a coaching role. During the match, he/she is a match official.
- A Respect barrier will be in place. Parents must be behind the Respect barrier. Coaches must operate from the opposite side of the pitch.
- We support the Respect Campaign 100%. This means there is zero tolerance of any criticism of a referee or assistant (whether this be a parent referee or qualified referee). Even comments as mild as “that was never offside” contravene the code and will be reported to Herts FA.
- Herts FA will investigate all complaints concerning poor refereeing except when there is also an allegation of abuse towards the ref. If this happens then the FA will only investigate the abuse allegation.
And please see the information regarding KitAid below.
We look forward to seeing you and your team on Sunday.
Manager U18 White
Berkhamsted Raiders CFC
FA Community Club of the Year 2015
Raiders website | Raiders on Twitter | Raiders on Facebook
Mob: XXXXX XXXXXX | Home: XXXXX XXXXXX | Work: XXXXX XXXXXX