Every week in the UK at least 12 assumingly fit and healthy young people die of undiagnosed heart conditions. Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) is a national charity saving young lives and supporting those affected.
Two former Raiders players have died due to undiagnosed cardiac problems; one at 18 years old, and the other at 21 years old. That is why Raiders are passionate about supporting and promoting CRY.
All players connected to Raiders from the age of 14-35 years have the opportunity to undergo cardiac screening, funded by the Club. We also offer CRY screening to teenagers at our local schools. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 the screening due to take place on April 18th 2020 will no longer take place. The screening will now take place on January 23rd, 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: The screening day is only available for children aged 14 or over as for children younger than this, their hearts are not yet fully developed enough for the equipment to work accurately
Online booking is now open, please click here to book your place and follow the instructions below:
- Visit www.testmyheart.org.uk/private/
- Find Berkhamsted Cricket Club listed for the 18th April . Click Register.
- The password for this screening is BCC20 . Please do not give out this password as this screening is private.
- Select a time slot and click ‘register now’. (You can book up to 3 appointments at one time.)
- Fill in the required details.
- Once the appointment is booked, you will receive a confirmation email; this will include a consent form. Please download the document, read carefully before completing and take it with you on the day.