Berkhamsted Raiders has grown from its beginnings in 1996 as a collection of individual teams run by individual managers to a community organisation providing football for around 1,000 children in Berkhamsted and surrounding areas.
The Club is a registered Charity which has the following objectives:
- To promote community participation in healthy recreation by providing facilities for playing football.
- To advance the education of children and young people.
At Raiders, we play competitive football but we measure our success by the enjoyment and involvement of children from our local community, not just by winning Leagues and Cups. Our philosophy can best be summed up as:
“Combining excellence in the community with excellence on the pitch”
As a club, we encourage all parents to support good play, and sportsmanship, irrespective of which team is playing and we praise effort and performance more than results.
Becoming a Raiders player
We provide football for boys and girls from U17 to U18, We also Mens Senior, Ladies and Veterans teams and run sections for Walking Football and Inclusive Football.
Raiders is an all abilities club with its focus on boys and girls who live or go to school in Berkhamsted and Northchurch. The basic criteria for playing membership of the Club are:
- Already a training player and wants to upgrade to full membership.
- Lives in the Berkhamsted & Northchurch Community and/or attends one of the local schools, or has a sibling already at Raiders, irrespective of ability.
- Parent willing to volunteer in a position of need (typically looking to be a qualified coach).
- Ability based.
The membership rates for 2017/18 are as follows:
|U7 – U10 Full membership||£170|
|U11+ Full membership||£200|
There is a sibling discount of £40.
Dacorum Card holders receive a 50% discount on subscriptions.
In cases of financial hardship, Raiders will consider waiving the membership subscription.
How to apply for membership
To apply for membership, send an email to the Club Administrator – admin(at)berkhamstedraiders.com, stating:
- Parents name/s
- Contact email and phone numbers
- Name of child
- Age and Birth date
- Previous clubs and playing experience (if applicable)
- School attended