The Club is based at several venues around the Berkhamsted area creating football facilities for U7 & U8 (5v5); U9 & U10 (7v7); U11 & U12 (9v9) and 11v11 from U13 upwards.
The venues used by the club are as follows:
- Berkhamsted Cricket Club, Kitchener’s Field – 7 pitches
- Ashlyns School – 8 pitches plus BerkoAstro 3G
- Thomas Coram School – 3 pitches (accessible from the rear of Ashlyns)
- Bridgewater School – 7 pitches (Saturdays, Girls Only)
- Haslam Field (Berkhamsted School pitches on Shootersway) –2 Pitches
- Greenway School – 2 pitches
- Berkhamsted and Hemel Hempstead Hockey Club, Cow Roast – 2 pitches
- Wigginton Recreational Ground – 1 pitch
- Lagley Meadow (adjacent to Berkhamsted Sports Centre) – 1 pitch
- Northchurch Sports Ground – 1 pitch
Pitch Maps located below in article attachments
Working with local schools
We work closely with the local schools to provide football pitches. Our Schools Liaison Officer is Ashley Lupton. Raiders takes on the costs and responsibility for both pitch maintenance and provision of goal posts and nets, which is of additional benefit to sport in the local schools. A set of goal posts and nets costs upwards of £1,500!
On a Sunday/Monday, Ashley Lupton, does the juggling act of locating pitches for our home teams. An online pitch booking system (Skedda: www.skedda.com) is used to make his life easier. Ashley has the ultimate say in cancellation of matches. Notification of cancellation of matches is by phone call, text, e-mail or Twitter to the AGC or manager directly. Notification of a cancelled match will be prior to 9am. Managers can exercise their right to cancel a match if they feel that the venue is unsuitable to play.